1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Strawberrys

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by gofoit2, Jun 1, 2005.

1. gofoit2

gofoit2 Gardener

Gone past the age of working so just enjoying myse
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all, my 1st post,
    I moved into a new house a few years ago when I retired, this one got a garden, my last one didn't, I may be 67, but I'm still a learner when it comes to gardening so any help would be apreacated.
    Found this forum by accident and already just by reading it, it has helped me a lot, it�s a great site, thanks all.
    Last year I bought 4 strawberry plants, put them in a raised bed, when I sorted them out this year I had about 50 plants, so I potted on what I wanted to keep and gave the rest away.
    What I would like to know is, they are starting to send out runners again, and I do not need any more plants, if I cut off the runners will I get more fruit? And will it damage the plants?
    Thanks again, Trevor

2. Mrs cloudy

Mrs cloudy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes you are right. Cut off the runners and you should get more fruit. It wont hurt the plant.

3. gofoit2

gofoit2 Gardener

Gone past the age of working so just enjoying myse
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers, thank you very much