1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

strawberrys

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by daznjo, Sep 6, 2011.

1. daznjo

daznjo Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    When we moved in our house there were some strawberry plants that we rescued and planted on a really big tub. To our amazment they cropped really well.
    Now they are finished some of the leaves are really leggy and others are turning brown. What do we do for wintering them?

cheers for any help

2. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,320
    Hi

I normaly give a hair cut and get rid of all the old leaves , years ago if you had straw round them peole used to burn that and it cleared all the bugs out as well but we have to be carful now with pollution !!!.

I would give the top of the soil a tickle around and check for slugs at the same time , raise the tub off the floor so its sitting on bricks so the rain water has a good opertunity to drain away , I woudnt do much else until the spring and top dress about a inch with fresh compost and give a spring feed .

Spruce

• Like Like x 1