1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck between a rockery and a hard place!

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Jennifer Bell, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Jennifer Bell

Jennifer Bell Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, Looking for ideas for this rockery area! It is part of a garden of a new build home! I tried planting in it shortly after house was built but nothing took to it (I didn’t really know what I was planting but they all died after a few weeks). After been neglected for around 6 years I’v decided to try again to do something with it. Iv pull all the huge weeds out and turned the soil. It’s a thick clay type soil and with a drainage test it took nearly half a day to drain water from a small hole I dug, there is still some pretty thick roots in there that I couldn’t pull out. With this is mind, my plan was to bury some large plant pots in between the large stones and cover the rest with a heavy duty garden fabric, then cover the fabric with little stones and mulch (which will likely slide off)! At the moment I have covered it completely with heavy duty fabric to stop weeds growing until I decide what to do! Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks