1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

[sunflowers] It's Alive!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by joh98.mac, Mar 27, 2019.

1. joh98.mac

joh98.mac Gardener

IT Stuff
    Ratings:
    +139
    A month ago, thinking that the temperature was getting a bit less insane (is it just me, or does winter become harsher, the older you get??), I planted about a dozen sunflower seeds outside in big pots.

How naive I was! In the period from 1st March to 19th March, we had two days without torrential rain: the 11th and the 18th.

upload_2019-3-27_11-55-45.png

Since then, it hasn't rained at all, and this morning, I popped outside to get something from the shed, and I see this...

upload_2019-3-27_11-52-9.jpeg

I hope to see some more, but in any case, I went to B&Q and bought another pack of sunflowers, and will definitely be planting them late April, maybe early May. I hope for a riot of colour in our garden this summer.

• Like Like x 2