1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Solved Sure I have asked what this is before but forgotten again!

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by silu, Jun 16, 2018.

1. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    Apologies but have forgotten what the below is. It sort of looks like a Euphorbia but I may well be wrong. I got it years ago at an open garden. It is very slow to bulk up here. Grows about 2ft tall maybe and flowering now. Definitely not the star of the show and it will be offered for sale at my next sale I do for charity. Would be good to know what it actually is. The photos are a good match for the colour of flower which is a wishy washy fawn no scent, not interesting shape or colour of foliage so in other words not a lot going for it really:).Thanks in advance.
    061.JPG 063.JPG

2. silu

Ratings:
    +8,083
    Wondering if @Silver surfer will come to my rescue? Their knowledge of plants is encyclopedic:)

3. Palustris

Palustris Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,986
    Bupleurum longifolium

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
      Ratings:
      +14,125
      They are strange plants I think but are great for flower arranging @silu .

• Like Like x 1
      • silu

Ratings:
        +8,083
        Oh many thanks @Palustris and @Marley Farley. Spot on :yes:and Jee I have never even heard of the plant. Maybe I hadn't asked before what it is. Wow is it slow to bulk up. I have had it for about 10 years and apart from giving about a 1/4 of what I had to a friend who liked it:noidea: the clump I have will only be about 1ft square at most. Do you use it in dried flower arranging? I am not bad at growing plants but trying to make what I grow look good in a vase or whatever is not my forte I am afraid:yikes:.

• Palustris

Palustris Total Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +2,986
        Never made a big clump here, but it does spread from seed very easily.