1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Suttons propagator/pot seeds kits reduced @ Tescos

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by Scrungee, May 25, 2012.

1. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    Don't know what the original prices were (something like 4x as much?), but Suttons window sill propagator kits have been reduced to £1.24 and the single pot kits to 24p each. As these are gardening stuff you can 'double up' on Clubcard Vouchers instore to purchase them.

Windowsill Propagator kits consist of a sturdy plastic propagator base, a cheapo (flexible) unvented cover, a bag of seed compost (approx 3.5 litres), 3 plant labels and 3 packets of seeds - 2 versions available:

1) Courgette F1 Green Bush, 20 seeds RRP £1.85, Sweet Pepper Californian Wonder, 45 seeds RRP £1.75 and Chilli De Cayenne, 65 seeds RRP £1.75

2) Alicante, Golden Sunrise (yellow tom) and Gardeners Delight

All seeds are use by 2014.

suttons kits tescos.jpg

We got these (a 'few' more than shown) for fundraising seed sowing for plant sales + raffle/tombola prizes, and they also assisted in being able to use a £3 off £20 shop voucher.

• Like Like x 3
    • Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
      Ratings:
      +31,177
      Extremely nice one Scrungee. You're the kiddie for finding all the bargains. You remind me of an ace truffle hunting cochon,
      Meant in the best possible taste of course,:imphrt:

• Like Like x 1
      • Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
        Ratings:
        +6,654
        Popped in our local store today and picked up one of each propergator kits at £1.24 each :dbgrtmb: ...but only just, let me explain;

Our local store is a 2 floor affair carpark & catalogue sales on ground level and then everything else upstairs; today though they had a lot of gardening stuff and a mobile till in the main entrance just before you go up the elevator so you could pay there and not have to go upstairs. Amongst this stuff were the propergator kits priced at £3.48, I did a price check and thats what they were??, strange, maybe the price hadn't been changed yet. What made me suspicious was the single pots priced at £1, these were 70p upstairs last week??; once upstairs I found more of the same items down the main gardening aisle priced at £1.24 and 24p!!!!

The penny dropped :ideaIPB: , they were obviously hoping people would buy stuff downstairs at a higher price and not go up to the main store..tut tut...:mad:

• Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
        +28,997
        The store where I found the single pots @ 24p have put them up to 50p and are now advertising it as a 'Price Drop'.