1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

T & M free Postage / Vouchers ?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by HarryS, Nov 10, 2012.

1. HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +16,246
    Does anyone know when T and M will be offering there free P and P or voucher deals ? Have next seasons brochures been posted yet ?

TIA

2. Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
    Ratings:
    +6,654
    Not sure Harry, but I've been getting a lot of email offers; the latest 3 Acacia jumbo plug plants for 1p and the p&p, had another one for Heucheras too...:)

3. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    I have never been lucky or impressed with T&M plants sorry.

4. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    The last T&M catalogue I received was their Autumn one that had a £5 voucher included and was received very late Aug/first week Sept.

The last free P&P offer at T&M was the weekend 24th Aug http://gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/...rs-good-old-freebies.39667/page-3#post-584159, but very often you're better off buying when '50% off everying' or even '20% off everything' depending whether what you want is on a special offer that requires a code and can't be used in conjunction with a free P&P code.

Looking back on that thread T&M also had free P&P over the Easter Weekend, 16th Mar weekend (plants), 21st Feb & 31st Jan (wekends?)

Another thing T&M does is remove cheap seed offers, etc. when P&P is free, which they started doing after I posted that you could submit multiple applications for 20p packets of Sungold seeds that were restricted to 1 packet/order.
    sungold 20p.png

P.S. Always worth checking here before placing an order as codes that may not have been generally publicised get posted there:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/thompson-morgan.com

• Like Like x 1
    • HarryS

Retired
      Ratings:
      +16,246
      Thanks Scrungee , Bilbo
      I cant recall getting a catalogue this autumn , I'll keep my eyes open for offers as I dont need to order until after xmas.

• Scrungee

Ratings:
      +28,997
      This is the link for subscribers (not that they check!) of 'Gardeners World' mag that often has better offers and extra deals available than if visiting via the normal T&M url http://www.thompson-morgan.com/gws but there is this restriction that may affect what works out best overall, but I've found that plenty of offers can work in conjunction with this free P&P:
      I think the order code for this when I checked it just now was GWRW and it worked with 3 for 2 seeds and seed sale items, but obviously it wont work for an offer that needs another code in the same box.

You can even use it when using a Tesco 'treble up' voucher obtained by exchanging 500 clubcard points for a £15 T&M code (that goes in the gift voucher code box - click on voucher and it's the lower box).

• Scrungee

Ratings:
      +28,997
      Just got a T&M 2013 catalogue delivered. Sadly no £5 voucher inside despite looking through everything several times and shaking it hoping one would fall out.

• "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +31,885
      Can you expand on that? What were you unimpressed with? :dunno:

• HarryS

Retired
      Ratings:
      +16,246
      I ordered my seeds on the 24th of November , when a free P and P offer was on . I thought it had been flagged up on this post - but apparently not. Sorry for not putting it on here . I got free P and P and my cheapest seed packet was free , so not a bad deal :dbgrtmb: I think they will have another free P and P in the new year.

Now on the question of quality , I have never had any problems with seed quality, I always get good seed germination . I did order some plug plants from them last Feb. The Sunpatiens were fine these grew into great container and basket plants . Both Spruce and I also ordered Firecracker trailing Begonias . Spruces did fine he got a lovely display in his baskets . Most of my first batch withered away , these were replaced by T and M , but the second lot also did not do very well. I did have a lot of problems with seedlings this year though from a spread of a rust type lurgi I got from some Ebay plugs. So the jury is out on T and M plugs...................

• Like Like x 2