tea-bag plant - can anyone help

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by angeleyes, Aug 13, 2005.

1. angeleyes

angeleyes Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello to everyone - i am a new member - with a question straight away. I admired a large shrub like plant in a garden whilst collecting a purchase. The owner told me it was a teabag plant??!!. He gave me a cutting to bring home. The large pods hanging on it are boat shaped. a pinky-green which turns a teabag sort of colour as they start to dry and shrivel. Can anyone throw any light on this - what it's proper name is - will the pod seeds grow if I plant them etc. Many thanks

2. JoMack

JoMack Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmmm, I have never heard of a tea bag plant, I have searched the net and the RHS plant finder but can't seem to find any information at all. Now I am really intrigued, I hope someone else can answer your question. As for the seeds from the pod, I would plant them in some moist seed compost and see what happens although, if any plants do grow they may not be exactly the same as the adult plant as they may have been cross pollinated. Who knows, thats the fun of it I think!
    Good luck

3. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +84,370