Tetrapanax Rex Alive?

Discussion in 'Tropical Gardening' started by PMoo, Jun 10, 2021.

1. PMoo

PMoo Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    B3D65475-5234-4B66-B733-C95A048A7BF8.jpeg Hello to all Gardeners.

I have been reading your advice on other posts. I have a T-Rex plant which is about 4 years old now.
    It never grew that big where I originally planted it , in the ground so I potted it.

I have since put it back in the ground which houses my Cobra Lilly. T Rex had not done so well. I took the last leaves off a few months ago. It was quite infested with ants when potted but the roots looked Okay, long tendrils.
    I read that in these months it does nothing? Not sure if our last winter in Uk finished it off. Hmmm.
    Should I water what is Left of T or leave it be.

Regards

P-Moo.

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +84,397
    Well it does kind of look dead, mine are well away now and growing new leaves and putting up suckers in all kinds of places.
    Dont think there is much point in watering it unless we get a really dry spell.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • PMoo

PMoo Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +7
      That’s is a shame. I will give it until the end of the month then I suppose it will have to be put to rest.

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
      • PMoo

PMoo Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +7
        62053C1C-69C0-4B79-A843-C7627EABFACD.jpeg Hello to all that replied to me before.
        My T. rex has finally decided to rejoin me. I felt that it was okay as the roots did look supple. Good news and perseverance sometimes prevails. I am very happy.

• Like Like x 3
        • PMoo

PMoo Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
          +7
          D86CE9C7-4A8F-42D0-BB54-0F3F4115ED48.jpeg I have this cobra lilly beside my tetrapanex. Thought I’d post it as he’s a sight.

• Like Like x 3