1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks - advice please

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by cr1tical, Aug 25, 2010.

1. cr1tical

cr1tical Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    I'm not sure I understand how the "thanks" counts at the side of the post works. I always say thank you in a new post when a query has been answered, sometimes to more than one person. Does that generate a "thanks in x posts" entry. I haven't yet used the Thanks button, what does this do and how does it differ from a worded thankyou?
    Thank you in advance!

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    Hi Cr1tical... There I just thanked you by pressing the thanks button.. It will show now that you have been thanked once in 1 post.. I think we all thank people in our posts, but sometimes we are grateful for some excellent advice & so to show it we use the "Thanks" button as well making a post as well.. Just a nice friendly fun thing to do if you wish... :gnthb:

3. cr1tical

cr1tical Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    Thank you Marley Farley - I've hit the thanks button also to see the result!

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    :gnthb: Yea excellent Cr1tical, enjoy your time at GC...!! :D