1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

The Arctic Medal.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by music, Apr 13, 2014.

1. music

music Memories Are Made Of This.

A Little Bit Of This And A Little Bit Of That.
    Ratings:
    +2,785
    I have just Received The Arctic Convoy Star Medal, A Posthumous award on behalf of my late Father.
    The Medal came from the Under Secretary Of State for Defence,(Armed Forces),presented his Compliments and by Command of the Defence Council the Honour to transmit the award granted for service during the War of 1939-1945 on Russian Convoys.
    It is a Beautiful Star shaped Medal,dark gold colour engraved with GR V1 ,on the front.
    It has three colours Ribbon representing the Arctic,Dark Blue which is present in the 1939-1945 Star,Africa Star,and Pacific Star Ribbons,intended to mark the service of the Naval Forces and the Merchant Navy.
    I Received The Arctic Pin a few years ago which was Excellent,but the Medal Award is Extra Special. It will be a keepsake for my Children and Grandchildren, something Special .

It took a good bit of work to collect my Fathers old sea book and papers,work out dates and the ships he was on and other research,but the research efforts were well worth it.JOB DONE:dbgrtmb:.

• Like Like x 10
    • Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
      Ratings:
      +14,125
      Wow Music that is really wonderful to receive you must be feeling very proud.. :star:

• Agree Agree x 5
      • music

music Memories Are Made Of This.

A Little Bit Of This And A Little Bit Of That.
        Ratings:
        +2,785
        Marley, In the words of that well known duo The Krankies: Fan-Dabby- Dozy.:dbgrtmb:.

• Like Like x 1