1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

the best wildflower meadow

Discussion in 'Herbs and Wildflowers' started by loveweeds, Jul 13, 2012.

1. loveweeds

loveweeds Gardener

Ratings:
    +210
    made a few pics of a stunning wildflower meadow in Liverpool, I don't know if it had been developed on purpose or it's "real" nature, any way it looks good, the soil seems to have some rubble in here and there - which attracts plants who like it alkaline or grow on waste land too
    some of these plants: scabious, tall melilot, reseda lutea=wild mignonette, vipers buglos,kidney vetch
    sorry - picture/colour quality is not the best, made during rainy weather ...
    meadow (2).jpg meadow (9).jpg meadow (6).jpg meadow.jpg meadow (4).jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Nice one, is that Coltsfoot too?

• loveweeds

loveweeds Gardener

Ratings:
      +210
      looks like, doesn't it?! haven't seen the meadow in spring.. when it flowers

• AstroTurf

AstroTurf Gardener

Ratings:
      +23
      I'm guessing it is natural because it looks slightly overgrown despite being so beautiful. The wide assortment of rainbow flowers is impressive if it wasn't planned!

• gcc3663

gcc3663 Knackered Grandad trying to keep up with a 4yr old

Ratings:
      +1,663
      It looks a bit like my grass before I cut it this weekend - after 4 weeks of fairly regular rain it was finally just about dry enough to cut. I just about flogged myself to death to get it cut.
      Today it been bright, sunny, with a cooling breeze. SOD'S LAW INNIT!