The Kindness of the Younger generation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by wiseowl, Mar 18, 2020.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,282
    Good morning I thought it would be an opportune moment to start this thread ,we have new neighbors just moved in about 4 weeks ago,a young couple who have just knocked Woos door and said if you need any shopping or anything just ask and here is our phone number,what a lovely gesture ,I have always had belief in our younger generation and this has just enhanced it.:smile:

ps warms the cockles of your heart;):blue thumb:

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
      Ratings:
      +31,474
      We're sort of seeing the same, but it's a bit mixed, the teens at school always say's thankyou when you let them go first at the check out, but some of the 18 -30 age very mixed

I've always let cars pull out from side roads if they have been waiting because of the traffic and no one lets them out, I always get a thank you it doesn't take much and it make life better, I always think this, That could be me sat there

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Telmadee

Telmadee Gardener

Lab tech
        Ratings:
        +351
        Having three sons two of which wear baseball caps a lot, not because they are thugs but because one started thinning hair line at around 21 (like his dad) so shaved his hair off he said it was because his job as a mechanic it saved him getting oil in his hair... yeah yeah and the other is thinning but wont shave it....anyhow, I always from a very young age taught my boys to say hello to elderly people and always offer help if they see people struggling. They asked why, I said because in this day and age there is a lot of horrid people around and you walking towards elderly people could scare them so be polite, and I'm very proud to say they are, when i pick up my granddaughters (pre lockdown) my middle sons neighbour came out and introduced herself and complimented me on my sons upbringing saying he is always popping around to help or offer help (very proud mummy moment) my youngest is 18 and hopefully i have instilled the same in him but he has yet to leave home and have a family. When we were kids we used to go around and help our elderly next door neighbour with her garden etc and offered to carry peoples shopping if we saw them struggling...... eeeeeh the good old days when you would have happily trusted a stranger to assist you with your shopping and not fear they were going to mug you Haha.

• Like Like x 2
        • Green Knees

Green Knees Gardener

Ratings:
          +42
          You won't be able to play your Andy Williams records loud any more and your parking in front of their driveway will have to stop! ;-)

I'm joking. Having decent neighbours is half the battle and it looks like you're on a winner there!