The Lakes!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by PaulD, Aug 19, 2007.

1. PaulD

PaulD Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Just had a few days up in the Lake District as we wanted to get away for a couple of days - it seems so long ago that we went to Italy for our holiday!

The scenery was amazing even though it rained fairly heavily at times - but I had quite forgotten how many people go there during our so called summer! The place was overrun with screaming kids but thankfully our hotel was devoid of them LOL

Just thought that I would let you know that we are back and will be posting again!

Take care

Paul

2. geoffhandley

geoffhandley Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Well I have applied to retire from teaching on ill health grounds and one on the things I am looking forward to is being able to go to the Lakes outside of school holiday season. Its not that I dislike kids, well just the few that are anti social, but school holidays remind me of how crowded a country we are. I spent nearly half my life in big cities and moved to a small town in a rural county cause i don't like crowds and traffic jams.

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +117,298
    Hi PaulD
    I've brought forward a topic about the Lakes that I posted last year. It is my photos of the Lake District. I intended adding more and then forgot [​IMG] . I shall work on adding more.

We love the area and always go when the kids are at school. I normally lead small groups up there on easy walks.

We are off again in a few weeks.

My topic is in 'Muppets'

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +117,298
    Geoff
    I'm sure you will enjoy your retirement. I do.

Good luck with it [​IMG] :D

5. geoffhandley

geoffhandley Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Well as my wife said "!with all the things you do I don't know how you would find time to go back to teaching". I am thinking of taking up bee keeping. I have already been down to several meetings of the local bee keepers. Wondered how I would feel about holding lots of bees. It was fascinating - can't wait to get started.
    Thanks for your encouragement.
    After I had my bypass op last year I was desperate to do the things I had done before and one of those was getting up mountains. It wasn't long before I was doing it and the first one was Coniston Old Man and it was a brilliant day for it.