1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

The sad reality of life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Jimcub, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Jimcub

Jimcub Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +614
    This morning in our local Lidl my wife was robbed of her purse by some scum lad, had money cards etc and he raced out of the shop.

Fortunately a customer chased after him who was quicker than him, so he chucked it in the car park, my wife’s hero retrieved the purse and all its contents intact.

The store involved the police so it was reported , the shop said they will look at the cctv as he passed 2 cameras on his way out, should be a good view as he had no cap or hoodie on.

My wife is very shaken and upset it happened to her and she sees a lot of thieves as she works in a supermarket, she’s has had lots of support from friends but be assured the hero will get his reward as there’s few about today.

• Friendly Friendly x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
      Ratings:
      +50,919
      Been there, had that done, big hugs to your wife. I didn't get anything back, neither in the UK nor here. Life goes on. :grphg:

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +5,093
        Karma, he'll get his.....

Just a pity we now live in a near lawless country.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
        • Beckie76

Beckie76 Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +8,435
          Oh dear dear dear :sad::mad:, whatever is this country coming too? As many of you know I live near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk, it was once the most beautiful town, as safe as houses...well almost! Now it’s just awful, street robbery, drugs, rough sleepers, muggings, burglaries, cars stolen & last week a man in his 90’s had his cards stolen from in in Waitrose :sad:, it’s a real sad state of affairs.

I’m really sorry your wife has had such an awful experience, please give her a big hug from me :grphg:. I hope the jerk who did this gets caught very soon....what a brave person to chase the man. :star:

• Agree Agree x 2
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Jimcub

Jimcub Gardener

Retired
            Ratings:
            +614
            He has now been rewarded

• Like Like x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1