1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Thread to add your favorite Wildflowers..... & pics if you have any ;)

Discussion in 'Herbs and Wildflowers' started by BeeHappy, Apr 7, 2016.

1. BeeHappy

BeeHappy Total Gardener

Mother Nature's Garden Apprentice
    Ratings:
    +6,133
    [​IMG]

@Wildgardener :)
    I thought this might be a nice thread to start being as we just had a catch up in my Aquilegis http://gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/gallery/albums/aquilegias-a-plenty.444/ you got me thinking :scratch: so following on from that well along with oxeye daisy,poppies,harebells, self heal,betony, devilsbit scabious,small scabious,foxglove, meadow sweet,cuckoo flower,corn cockle,red clover,meadow buttercup,ajuga,herb robert,dead nettle, valerian,campions,cornflower, oxslips, primrose,scarlett flax, calendula,stitchwort,sweet violet,wood anenone,dog violet, speedwell, forgetmenots, lesser celindine, yellow archangel, rosebay willowherb, chicory, teasel,toadflax,dark mullein,ladys bedstraw, purple losestrife,sweet rocket, yellow rattle,ragged robin,musk mallow, yarrow, knapweed,hedge woundwort,sweet briar rose,garlic mustard..... ALL the cransbills ....all the hawkbits... all the trefoils,
    and all the vetches:wub2:

:huh:OMG as i told you WG the list is endless :heehee:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Wildgardener

Wildgardener Gardener

Gardener and mum
      Ratings:
      +54
      Great idea. :yay:Let the dandelions grow tall! Last year I planted foxes and cubs, I'm also trying to get cuckoo flower established in my meadow area. My previous garden was absolutely full of them, I will try and dig out some old photos. Yellow rattle has now established itself, so I'm hoping others will follow!

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Redwing

Redwing Wild Gardener

Ratings:
        +2,830
        Oh good! I can tell you about my wildflower meadows. I sowed one small area last year with a bought mix containing grasses, annual and perennial flower seeds. It was a brilliant show last summer of annuals: poppies, corn flower, corn cockle and others I forget. This year it will be different as the annuals won't be there but hopefully some of the perennials will flower. I also saved loads of the annual seeds from last year and bought some sheep's fescue grass seed and mixed the two lots together, added a few other wild flower mixes and some meadow grass seed and six days ago sowed another wildflower meadow patch......waiting for it to come up.

• Like Like x 4
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Elliewc

Elliewc Gardener

Retired but community active
          Ratings:
          +62
          Lovely idea this thread. I too always sow a few 'wild flowers' into my meadow around the pond and the foxes and cubs are lovely - I saw them growing wild in Scotland and my Scottish garden helper brought me some seeds and they look wonderful.See attachment... I am planning on scattering corncockle etc on our Church Garden when we go down there this Sunday! Part of our volunteering in the town... I do have a Facebook page on the gardening we do as volunteers if anyone is interested - https://www.facebook.com/Willesden-Green-Gardening-1543898919243357. Only just started so not much there yet but....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
          • Everhopeful

Everhopeful Gardener

Ratings:
            +433
            @Wildgardener I love fox and cubs, I really do, but it made a good effort at total garden domination in our last garden. :)
            Great thread @BeeHappy I'm looking forward to learning how to make the most of our garden for the little critters and birds. :)

• Like Like x 2
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Elliewc

Elliewc Gardener

Retired but community active
              Ratings:
              +62
              Only a very few in our garden - clearly not as receptive soil - alternatively, we have other plants making the bid for domination - especially the white comfrey...

• Like Like x 1
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
                Ratings:
                +7,491
                Another fan of fox and cubs here....love it. :spinning: I live near to the National Wildflower Centre http://www.nwc.org.uk/ ...it's brilliant for finding out all about wildflowers and buying seeds/plants etc. Wandering around, it's great getting wildlife planting tips.

I also like birdsfoot trefoil but that's because it's the main food source of the caterpillar of the Common Blue butterfly. I grew it in my last garden and got lots of lovely Blues. Now I've moved house, I'll be growing it here too. :)

• Like Like x 3
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Creative Creative x 1
                • Wildgardener

Wildgardener Gardener

Gardener and mum
                  Ratings:
                  +54
                  I love the natonal wildflower centre @Fern4 I am originally from the Wirral and have visited a few time although I haven't been for a couple of years.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                  • BeeHappy

BeeHappy Total Gardener

Mother Nature's Garden Apprentice
                    Ratings:
                    +6,133
                    Awwww. :wub2: :ThankYou:For taking part and enjoying the thread :goodpost:s and pics everyone....:dbgrtmb: I've really enjoyed catching up with them ..…more :star: awards :yay: to all taking part :thumbsup: ....please buzz by soon with more updates .....I LUv Luv Luvvvv reading them :hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
                      Last edited: Apr 8, 2016