1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Through the Window

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Victoria, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,683
    Woo said it would be nice if we had a thread of what we see looking from the inside out of our homes.

These were my views on Sunday during our storms. The first picture is not blurry nor is the window fogged ... it is torrential rain.

This is from the living room window (the only window on the rear of the house). A lovely view and it faces west so there are some fantastic sunsets to be seen filtering through the trees (mostly olive). The downside is that our property ends at the stone wall and it's a right of way between the house and it ... fortunately it is little used, ie, a couple of times a day. Also about 200 meters or so further away is the Algarve to Lisbon line. Again, fortunately there is only about one train an hour in the daytime and about two in the night, limited service on Sundays.

[​IMG]

This is from the front door as the rain was easing a bit. The one-track lane that comes down to our property is little used by vehicles, more often than not by the neighbour's tractor trundling up and down. The high winds took the shade sail down twice.

[​IMG]

We also have an orange co-operative warehouse an orchard distance away and they make noise from time to time ... no regular timings except 4-5am when they load the artic up to go to destinations unknown. Being in this area these warehouses are every couple of miles so you've always near one. We have two in sight, one either side.

Being in the orchards also has it's downsides as they spray the trees regularly and it's dreadful when you have to shut the doors and windows in the heat of the summer for an hour.

Saying all of the above, it's still idyllic to us and we'll stay here for a while. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
      +3
      really nice lol. i could sit out there in the rain .bet you prefer it with the sun and a glass in your hand..thats some rain is it warming up yet ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
      • wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
        Ratings:
        +89,795
        Lovely view Lol Heres my View as my Nest Is high on a Hill, Day and Night [​IMG]
        [​IMG] [​IMG]

• rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
        +14
        [​IMG]

Mines not the best view from my kitchen window so i thought i would tart it up a bit and add a little reflection :D :eek: [​IMG]
        fab pics everyone wish i had them views

• Creative Creative x 1
        • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
          Ratings:
          +50,683
          Now, woo ... I've put the thread up and I fear you are not being completely honest with us. [​IMG]

Sweetie, your view looks lovely and serene now but somehow I think your kitchen may be flooded and surely the neighbours below are looking through a wonderful cascade of water. :D

• wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
          Ratings:
          +89,795
          Now Lol I am always Honest Tomorrow I will take a Photo of the front of my house for you.And I will take a photo of a reverse Photo from that Castle you can see in the Photo the only thing I cannot do is take one from the Air at the moment ,But i am working on it [​IMG] :confused:

• Victoria

Lady of Leisure
          Ratings:
          +50,683
          No, woo, it's looking OUT of the window, not looking IN ... which is supposedly what your night shots were. :D [​IMG]

• walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
          +15
          Love those large planters LoL.

• Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
          Ratings:
          +14,125
          :( Outside my kitchen window at the moment is a big mess LoL..!! It was all dug up & out last year, as we had to have building works done. New water pipes etc.. I lost some lovely old shrubs.. I piled the earth back in & then all the snow drops started coming through so I left it. Now they are starting to fade. It was a lovely white carpet for a while, now it is isn't .. [​IMG] I am hoping to start on it at the weekend.. That is if I am not helping the daughter, S in L & family move house..!! [​IMG] Not sure I want to post a pick of it at the moment...!!! :rolleyes: :D I am going to make a rockery eventually honest..!!! :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
            Ratings:
            +50,683
            Love the night shot, Woo ... could stare at that for ages of an evening. From our deck we can see the little town of Tunes which sparkles in the distance. [​IMG]

Walnut, those are the antique concrete pots we brought back from the IoW in October 06. They measure 24in at the outer flare but 18in in the planting area. I have a Thevetia peruviana (Yellow Oleander, the mystery stones Sis brought back from Turkey) in each but they are not doing as well as strongy's. :(

Have faith, Marley, it will all come together in time. [​IMG] I still have a mess to the left of the front door looking out where new water pipes went in last summer (under the large Bouganvillea by the woodpile I photograph often). I've avoided doing anything there as we plan to have an extended roof and patio put across 2/3 of the front of the house this Spring ... more works! :eek:

Come on, folk, how do you see your garden from the inside looking out?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
            • pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
              +226
              Here`s a view through my patio window.

[​IMG]

Still some daffs waiting to bloom along the back.

• Like Like x 1
              • intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
                +3
                my bedroom window..
                [​IMG]
                see if you can make the bankin out of the bury bolton canal [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Victoria

Lady of Leisure
                Ratings:
                +50,683
                Hello, pip, is that a cherry tree coming into bloom? Nice that you can watch the birds at the house or bath. [​IMG]

Ol�¡ imp. It's always warm rain but a bit too heavy to sit out in. We're 18 at the moment ... it's been a very mild winter and supposedly the driest in 91 years ... not good! :eek: You certainly have a lovely peaceful view.

• pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
                +226
                Hello there LoL :D

I`m no expert with trees, my neighbour told me it is a copper beech tree,I`ve looked in my books and seen that beech blossom is totally different to that on my tree.

I have put a picture at the bottom of this reply showing the said tree in full leaf last summer,maybe you can identify it.

There is a small cherry blossom tree out of shot in the other corner of the garden which isn`t in bloom yet [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[ 28. February 2008, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: pip ]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
                  Ratings:
                  +50,683
                  Hi again pip. [​IMG]

It's either my eyes or your first picture, but I could swear it looks like pink blossoms developing ... but in the second photo there are these beautiful deep purple leaves. I'm sorry but I can't idenity it but hopefully someone else can.

You certainly have a very pretty border of shrubs there and your two pots are nice as well. [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1