1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Too Early For Christmas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Kandy, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Mr Kandy and I poped to our local Wyevale Garden Centre this afternoon and was surprised to see that they had stands in there with Christmas Cards and Decorations set out on them.:eek:

I am the first to admit i do love Christmas and enjoy being with my Mr K,family and friends over this time but I do think August 31st is a wee bit too early to start thinking of buying cards and prezzies,though people on other forums seem to have already got all their prezzies bought and wrapped and their cards written:rolleyes::p

What does everyone else think about starting the festivities so early when we havn't even had a summer let alone November 5th or Halloween:eek:

2. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Kandyfloss-everywhere is clearing the space for the Christmas decorations aren`t they?

I`m for it personally-no one needs to be told 25th December is the day, but this way it gives all us skint people the chance to by in dribs and drabs. There are a lot of people getting a basket of hyacinths off me this year-no cash around.

3. landlubber

landlubber Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Lollipop! Great quality gift, lasts a while, bet they all remember what you gave them long after Christmas too. my sort of gift, I am sure people think that I am very eccentric at such times, I hate all the 'new glitter and razmatazz' that is associated with it all. I LOVE Christmas, but try really hard to maintain old family themes, bringing in the Holly etc. and decorating fir cones, love it! I do pick up a few things if I see them before Xmas, but hateit to build up in early September, after Bonfire night is my usual time for getting into gear for Xmas. Jan

4. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Bonfire night is our big family thing. We have chilli and stew, jacket spuds and the like. Mr Pops and I have our families round. the kids can invite a few friends-it can total 100 people in all-mad considering we are a Catholic family but it seems the most English thing we have in the country these days.

5. UJH

UJH Gardener

Ratings:
    +0

Ha I'd love a basket of hyacinths as a pressie :D great idea.

6. landlubber

landlubber Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Your Bonfire nights sound really great, shame we are so far away I could be tempted to gatecrash! Seriously, family 'do's'like that are the very best. Our family seems to have grown beyond containment, and it is virtually impossible these days to get us all together at the same time, anywhere. we are all spread out over the world these days, mind you, when we DO! it is always a BIG occasion,enjoyed by all.