1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tradescantia - Spider Lily

Discussion in 'Other Plants' started by ricky101, Apr 13, 2022.

1. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,201
    Hi,

We purchased a pack of mixed colours of the above last spring and grew them in good soil with semi shade, but rather disappointed as they all turned out to be the same rather dull purple and did not look that great.

They are sprouting quiet strongly this year so wonder if they are worth keeping or if they really are not that good a plant, partic with them all being the same dull colour ?

Pic below not ours, which is probably several years growth.

001153.jpg

001152.jpg

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,655
    The supposed plants are very pretty ... the reality boring.
    This is much the same as I had with Trailing Verbena Mixed and I got all Purple a couple of years ago. They didn't germinate so I threw the soil in the rockery which is now inundated with the purple stuff!!!
    Very disappointing but I only paid 99p!

• Like Like x 1
    • Perki

Perki Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +8,488
      Well its up to you ricky if you don't like them get rid , its likely the supplier didn't know what colour they were going to be. I potted one on yesterday called sweet Katie its got yellow foliage with blue flowers.

• Like Like x 2