1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Transplanted Hypericum in very poor condition

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by lxndr, Jun 2, 2011.

1. lxndr

lxndr Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    As something of a beginner when it comes to gardening I have recently made a bit of a screw up having moved what I am reliably informed is (or perhaps was might be more accurate now) a Hypericum from my garden border into a largish pot. I think where I went wrong though is that I removed it without taking any of the soil around the root, although I did manage to preserve the vast majority of the root itself. Now, 3 days later it looks extremely wilted and like it may be about to expire. Is there anything I can do to try and salvage it or is it just a case of admitting defeat and knowing better next time?

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Ian

2. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,560
    If it's only been three days Ixndr I would leave well alone for the time being, a lot of plants may wilt when moved. Just make sure it doesn't dry out and give it a couple of weeks to see if it picks up. :)