1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trimming the bush!

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by BaldBotanyBeginner, Aug 25, 2019.

1. BaldBotanyBeginner

BaldBotanyBeginner Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    20190825_124555.jpg Bush.jpg Tree.jpg archway.jpg Busg.jpg Hello,

I would like to begin by saying this is my first post. I am new to gardening and I am enjoying it and I am new to this forum and I am enjoying it.

I have a corner of the garden, inherited from the previous owner of my house. I call it ground zero and while I tend to another part of the garden this corner silently taunts and mocks me. I literally have no idea where to start.

I have a clematis that is beautiful for about a week at the beginning of each summer and this sits on an old rusty metal arch that looks awful. On top of the awful arch under the clematis is years worth of dead vines and branches that look like a thatched roof on top of the arch. There is a lovely tall tree next to the arch which is being over run by the clematis and a bush on the other side... It's a common bush as I have seen if before... it flowers purple and butterflies love it.

I want to make the space behind this arch usable but at the moment it is a leafy me as you can see from the photos. It is a 7 foot by 10 foot space behind. There is also an overgrown tree and thorns in this space too. Can a more experience gardener advise me on where to start and what they think I should do with this space? Photos are attached. Thank you so much.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  2. Nikolaos

Nikolaos Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,289
  3. BaldBotanyBeginner

BaldBotanyBeginner Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    My apologies Nick. Photos added. Still getting used to this forum

• Like Like x 1