1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Unhappy Toona Sinesis

Discussion in 'Trees' started by Alex Newton-Smith, May 22, 2019.

1. Alex Newton-Smith

Alex Newton-Smith Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello All,

Just wondering what i am doing wrong here... I have a lovely Toona Sinesis in my garden that last year was lovely and healthy and grew from 2 foot to 5 foot in a year with lovely healthy green leaves.

This year the pink display hasn't been quite as good, and now as the leaves are (as normal before going green) turning yellow, some have wilted or died back. There is still some fresh growth coming, but just looks a little sad. I do wonder if i haven't watered it enough? Since noticing this I have feed and mulched and watered well.

Cannot see any bugs or disease anywhere, and it is next to a south facing fence with plenty of sun.

Fingers crossed i just under watered it and will come back fine.

Anyone any ideas? thanks in advance.

Alex

IMG_20190522_081510.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2019
  2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,062
    I suspect getting too dry especially if it's planted in a pot ?

3. Alex Newton-Smith

Alex Newton-Smith Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Its in the ground... to be honest we have had a little rain recently but not loads.

I am hoping it isnt a drainage issue... we are clay here, but have done a bit of work trying to improve the soil in this bed too.