1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent advice !Flymo Petrol Strimmer. XLT 250

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by happymundays, Jun 1, 2009.

1. happymundays

happymundays Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I've found 2nd hand one for £30 they retail at £70 anyone used one before, or should I invest on a new bush cutter strimmer.
    For a large garden.

Thanks

2. water-garden

water-garden Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Depends on the condition of the one "you have found" as to if its a good buy or good bye.

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    Well if it is local I would want to see it in action before I bought it.. Don't know about a Flymo one, but they are a good reputable brand.. One thing I would check is the handle as there is allot of vibration from them.. I like the handlebars as it seems to cut it down a bit & mine have really good paddng grips too...!!
    We have a Stihl petrol brush cutter with the handlebars on it & it is one of the most brilliant mechanical tools I have.... This type only a tad older.. I have the option of a blade or a cord, very handy..
    [​IMG]

4. SendaCow

SendaCow Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there....i've always thought its better to buy equipment new that way if anything goes wrong with t least you've got the manufactures guarantee!! but 1 of my family members does have the flymo and she has paddocks so see what else you can find perhaps....

5. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    I found this info
    [align=center]
    Flymo Lightweight XLT250 2 Stroke Petrol Grass Strimmer

The world's lightest petrol trimmer design

[/align]

A great lightweight strimmer that offers power and control, that comes with a 25cc motor. It weighs 3.5kg and is ergonomically designed for safety and easy operation, making it ideal for domestic use. Perfect for trimming edges of lawns and gardens.

• Motor Power: 25cc
    • Line Cutting Width: 41cm
    • Feed Mechanism: Tap 'n' Go
    • Line Length: 10m
    • Line Diameter: 2mm
    • Easy Pull Start: Yes
    • Shaft: 19mm Bent

6. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    I wouldnt bother, buy a stihl, new or secondhand.

The flymo will just have a cheap chinese throw away engine, cheaply and badly made and semi disposable, with a stihl no matter how old you can get parts next day and sell on for almost what you bought for.

7. happymundays

happymundays Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all for your advice I did not go for it.