1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Very sad Cheese plant

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Ben Pemberton, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Ben Pemberton

Ben Pemberton Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

We have a very sad cheese plant. (See picture) When I bought it it was very lucious and green, and as you can see it's now very droopy and most of the leaves have brown spots

I think at first I was over watering it, and it was next to a door that was opened regularly. I have stopped watering it some much and we have moved it away from the door, however I think I probably need to prune it and maybe chop the lower droopy leaves off. Does anyone have any advice?

Also I am seeing new chutes come through quite often.

Thanks

Ben

plant.jpg

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,664
    My guess is overwatering.

Does water build up in that outer pot?

Think it might have root rot, let it dry out between waterings, I find they don't actually need lots of water.