1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Want cut flower plants impervious to snails

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Canna W, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Canna W

Canna W Gardener

Ratings:
    +34
    I have a bed tucked away from the house where I want to grow flowers for cutting. It gets quite a lot of sunshine. It is next to a fence covered in ivy though, so it also gets tons of snails and slugs. Can anybody think of slug resistant plants that produce good flowers for cutting? I am currently growing Eryngium Gigantium, which is doing fine, but would like some variety.

2. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,594
  3. Grannie Annie

Grannie Annie Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,631
    I was reading today that snails dislike Pulmonarias and they do have a very pretty flower which look lovely in a vase,

4. Canna W

Canna W Gardener

Ratings:
    +34
    Thank you Sheal, that was fantastically helpful!

I love Pulmonarias - and already have quite a lot in shady spots in my garden; and yes, I agree, they look lovely as a little nosegay in a small vase. The trouble is that this bed is in a sunny spot, and I have not got on well with trying to plant pulmonarias in the sun.

• Friendly Friendly x 1