WANTED! Affordable Garden Designer North Kent

Discussion in 'Wants Lists' started by catinwaiting, Sep 22, 2012.

1. catinwaiting

catinwaiting Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Our small back garden has gone to ruin (it was never that good!) since I have developed aback problem and we need a frfiendly garden designer to help us with a design for a low maintenance garden.

I will be honest, we don't have a great deal of money so don't want to waste anyone's time, but if you know of a good designer who can help us in the North Kent area, please let us know?

Thanks

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +45,614
    Why not post up some photos and tell us the sorts of things you like (cottage garden style, raised veggie beds, etc, etc) and we will give you some ideas.

• Like Like x 3
    • sal73

sal73 Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,998
      Hi Catinwaiting ,
      and welcome to the forum , could you tell us what would you like to grow , plus did you ever used your local library for garden design book?
      plus there are many cheap design solution with recycled material and so on.

• Like Like x 1
      • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +31,885
        Sorry to hear about your back problem (which immediately makes me think: raised beds!)

Money (this was one of my concerns - not due to back problems but the sheer size of my garden!) suggestions include - but are not exclusive to: freecycle; boot fairs; cuttings from a kindly neighbour; plants started on a sunny windowsil from seed; cuttings from whatever you already have in your plot; church bazaars; charity shops.

Low maintenance? Hmm, from what I have read, this would be shrubs, bulbs and perennials so you only have to weed/trim.

Because money is an issue (as it is with us all), I do not think you *need* a designer; I think you need some advice from people with some experience and some confidence to put that advice into action. One thing I will say is this: even the most experienced gardeners make mistakes/have disappointments in their plans/actions simply due to unexpected/unseasonal weather/ plant diseases.

So, as JWK suggests, post some photo's and get some *free* advice from forum members.

As Sal suggests, pop along to your local library so you can thumb through some pages to get some inspiration, thoughts on what pleases *you* and, let's face it, while the internet is fab, nothing beats leafing through a good book when you are sitting comfortably/laying in bed/bath.

Give some thought as to what you *want* from your garden: flowers? herbs? vegetables? evergreens? scent? colour? :noidea:

Equally, have a look through the forum Gardening for People with Disabilities and I'm sure you will find a host of inspiration there! I know I have (and, I don't have any disabilities! Other than Mr Mum :scratch: :heehee: )

I'm certain you have come to the right place to get some excellent advice - without paying a garden designer, just by joining a very helpful, and friendly, place of likeminded others. :dbgrtmb:

• wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
        Ratings:
        +89,259
        Hi Catinwaiting I reside in North Kent I just might be able to help you or at least have a look at your garden and come up with some ideas ,just send me a pm,I will be only to pleased to help you my friend:)

• wiseowl

Philosophy of people
        Ratings:
        +89,259
        Haven,t heard anything since my last post above:scratch::)

• Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
        Ratings:
        +6,543
        Hi Woo,I have had a quick search of Catinwaiting's profile and there are no more postings since the above post was put on here {Sept22nd 2012}and the eight other posts are all sporadic since 2005 so don't build your hopes up that you will get a reply any time soon...But I could be wrong:biggrin:

• wiseowl

Philosophy of people
        Ratings:
        +89,259
        Hi Kandy my friend that's OK I have more than enough rose work at this time of the year,I just thought that I would offer my services free and gratis as I don't like to see folk with a garden problem ,but I can do no more than offer:)