1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted - rich man

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Honey Bee, May 17, 2006.

1. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +213
    So you can take it with you ! what a shrewd undertaker. :D

2. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    I'd call him a sneaky con-man! :(

3. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +213
    Me too tis despicable, but you have to admire his front, that is some cold hearted genius.

4. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hey Nicsdad - half your own teeth!!!!! Way- hay!!!!! Hold me back, someone!!!!!!! :D ;)

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Well,I ought to tell you about a relative I have just helped out. After seeing the squalor he was living in,I stocked his cupboards, cooked him meals bought him clothes did all his washing to get rid of the damp that had seeped through everything,chauffered him about,helped him move into a new flat,and even lent him the money for carpets and curtains on the promise that it would be paid back...Guess what,no way is he going to pay the money back and has even accused my husband and I of stealing from him.
    This was money that was going towards my 50th Birthday celebrations next week,so now we cannot have the party we were planning, we will just have to have a day on our own.
    The moral of this story,never lend money in the hope it will be paid back.An expensive mistake,but at least I am guilt free,but not he.He has to live with it for the rest of his days.

Kandy

6. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,720
    Oh, KFloss, how awful for you! Maybe this horror of a person lived like he did because the rest of the family knew how he really was. I'm sure it will put a damper on you being kind hearted again! :(

Chin up, you and your husband will have a lovely time on your own ... or maybe just with a few "selected" family and friends. Enjoy the day!

7. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    OH KF what a so&so he must be ,just used you.I am sure someone will come up with a good do for your b'day.If only us lot on here where near to you we could have a garden party ha ha.

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thankyou LOL and Gogs.The relative is an older brother,I am nearly the youngest of a family of ten.From what I have managed to find out is that my other brothers and sisters gave up with him years ago, because they too was used by him and his now ex wife.They helped them because he has three children [my nephew and nieces.]Silly me with the big heart, couldn't do enough to help him,he had been living down in Brackley near Oxfordshire until he got the sack from his job.
    The story he told us was that he had fallen and damaged his spine,so me and my husband got sucked into it.
    Now I expect he is laughing,and we are the ones left in shock especially after the false allergations of theft.He said he was calling the Police,but they never came,so he texted and said to keep the items we had supposedly stolen from him and we could call it quits over the money he owes us.How low can a person stoop.
    My other sisters and brothers said I was an Idiot,and my own fault for helping him.
    I have nearly had a nervous breakdown over this,not because of the loss of the money,but because of the false theft claims.
    My friends couldn't beleive what has happened.[mouths wide open when I told them.
    Now I have had to change my mobile phone number,and I cannot even answer the phone in case it is him shouting abuse down the phone.We think he has mental problems,but won't seek help.He said he was the normal one,and the rest of the family were nutters.Thanks.
    We have been invited to a family Wedding Anniversary Celebration, but feel we cannot go as we have been told he will be there,and we don't want a confrontation.
    So next Wednesday, we are going to have a quite day together out somewhere, with a little meal to celebrate.I was hoping to win the Lottery last night,so that I could invite you all to one hell of a party,but alas not this time.
    It is our Wedding Anniversary next month,so hopefully we will have saved enough to have a celebratery meal out with friends.
    We even had to go into debt for our holiday to the Isle Of Wight the other week,somethng we have never had to do before.
    So my GC friends that is why money IS the root of all evil.I have no children,but everything I own,will be going to animal charities,certainly not family,when I pop my clogs,so I hope you will all share a drink with me next week,at least in spirit.You all have given me the will to live with your kind words.Now I must go as the keys are getting blurred with the salt water in my eyes.
    God bless you all.

Kandy

9. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,720
    Kandyfloss, I will be toasting you on Wednesday, believe me ... it is also the birthday of a good friend, "babysitter" of our home in Bucks and cats for many, many years, like 19! She was just here visiting us in April! I have no children (other than furry ones) and like you charity is my benefactor.

Where on the IoW did you go? Our place is in Bonchurch (between Ventnor and Shanklin).

Unfortunately, or fortunately, you have learned a lesson in life!

Keep you chin up and enjoy your birthday! You've got a lot of us wishing you well!

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thanks LOL.We stayed at Newchurch, near Sandown.
    Lovely peaceful campsite.This was our 7th time to the Island.I have got my eye on the green burial site,but everytime I ask my husband to stop so I can pick my spot,he just keeps driving.
    Not that I intend going just yet.
    We went through Bonchurch as I remember you telling me about it before we went.
    I see you have a pond and a shop called "The Pond Shop" very apt.
    We also visited the Botanical Gardens at ventnor as you had told us about them.The lizards scuttling about were delightful.We also visited Osbourne House.Glad I don't have to clean it ha ha

Kandy

11. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,720
    Pleased you enjoyed the IoW and saw my little bit of the world there, lovely, isn't it?

Newchurch is a nice area, like it there. As you said, very peaceful. The green burial site, not sure what you're talking about .. is that the place at a T jnction where you can be buried in the trees, so to speak?

Our friend who was here for lunch on Monday works at The Pond Shop! HA, how strange is that?!

If you had gone down Shore Road to the beach, you would have passed our apartment at Westfield Mansion!

Still keep you chin up for your birthday and ****** your brother!

12. nicsdad

nicsdad Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Nicsdad - half your own teeth!!!!! Way- hay!!!!! Hold me back, someone!!!!!!! --------------------

not so much lost half, but saved half
    [​IMG]

13. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +213
  14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    kandyfloss, get a caller-display you can either buy one pretty inexpensive or rent one from bt.
    All numbers show up apart from withheld ones you choose to answer or not.
    I have Bt synergy phones with caller display on them.
    Call bt free number and ask for advice, hopes this helps :eek:

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thanks Rosa.I will have a word with the boss when he comes in tonight.
    Our phone is only a couple of months old,so we are still working everything out on it.

Caller display sounds good.My brother only has a mobile,so was doing a lot of texting.
    I have kept the messages in case I needed to show them to the Police,just got a new Sim card,with new mobile number.
    Thanks for advice

Kandy