Water feature pump

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by mazambo, May 31, 2020.

1. mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
    +3,718
    Hi everyone, my neighbour has a water feature but hasn't had a pump in it for a while, I'm just wondering what LPH pump would be adequate? The bottom trough is about 6" deep.
    20200531_120149.jpg 20200531_120158.jpg

2. Graham B

Graham B Gardener

Ratings:
    +491
    Are they looking for a little waterspout out of the hole at the top, or just a kind of trickle down the "cannonball"? Assuming it's the latter, really the most puny mains pump will do.

I wouldn't get a solar pump. They're OK during the day, but you won't find any with a battery that'll keep it working when it gets dark. For me, a large part of the pleasure of a water feature is the sound of it tinkling away on a summer evening.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • flounder

flounder Super Gardener

RETIRED!!
      Ratings:
      +1,545
      Places like ebay or amazon do the 12v pumps(with mains adapter) for under a tenner. The lift will be between 1-3 metres but the flow can be reduced

• mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
      +3,718
      A little spout would be ideal, I don't really like solar to be honest, I've seen a jebao pump 450 lph with a flow regulator I'm thinking maybe that would be ok?