1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Water logged lawn

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by betty, Feb 15, 2005.

1. betty

betty Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently moved into a new area and have noticed that the soil I have in my garden is more like clay. The lawn is currently very water logged and I don't remember it being much better when we moved in, back in July. I remember seeing a gardening program once, I think it had Alan Titchmarsh in and he suggested airating the lawn with a fork and filing the holes with garvel/sand. Did anyone see this program? Do you know what I should fill in the holes with. I love having a lawn but my husband is convinced it is too much trouble with the clay like soil we currently have.
    Help....

2. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Betty

You can get a special hollow tined fork for this job but to save expense a normal garden fork pressed in and rocked a little will make the holes

The filler is sharp sand, make sure you get this type which is courser than normal builders sand

3. betty

betty Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, have you tried this method?, did it work.