1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Water used to soak woodchips - Would it make for a good "tea" for watering plants?

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Aldo, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Aldo

Aldo Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,318
    I am soaking a few hundred litres of woodchips in large containers, in order to inoculate them with mushroom spawn.
    Given I have no direct water line to my detached garden, watering my plants daily is a pretty labour intensive thing, so every little extra water helps.

I was wondering if using the soaking water to irrigate my tomatoes and courgettes might be a good idea, or even be better than using plain water?