We could do with him

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by walnut, Feb 16, 2009.

1. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15

Whole world Needs A Leader Like This!

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia
    Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..
    Separately,
    Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:
    'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '
    'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'
    'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'
    'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'
    'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'
    'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'
    'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

2. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Oh I say! Love the way Aussies say it as it is.

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,124
    :gnthb: Oh how right he is..!!!!

4. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,013
    Three cheers for an honest Prime Minister. If I were to go and live in the Middle East or India or Russia, I wouldn't expect the government to be for ever trying to appease me. I don't see anything racist or intolerant about honesty. I would understand that I had to fit in with them.

But like the period before the Second World War, I think in the long run appeasement causes more problems that it solves.

5. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Probably true. We're seeing it already I think, as more and more of the population are getting fed up with it, including the minorities it concerns. 95% of those minorities don't want preferential treatment, they just want to be able to live their lives here, worship as they see fit and be left alone, not for the country to bend over backwards for them.

6. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,594
    Top stuff. There is only one problem with the idea of that principle being applied here though.

Gordon Brown is a weasel. Weasels can't take stances like that.

7. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    I'd love to see that stance here...so who isn't the weasel who will do it then..Cameron?:hehe:

8. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    "where's the clap smile'y gone " wish we were that Honest..

9. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,243
    Can't see anyone here being 'brave' enough to say anything like that .:(
    We seem to have part- time patriotism here and seem to be at the mercy of minority groups.:mad:

10. clueless1

Ratings:
    +19,594
    We're stuck between two extremes in Britain. As pointed out already, Gordon Brown is a weasel, as is David Cameron. In fact the only political party leader that would have the guts to take that stance is the bloke from the BNP, but he'd take it far too far.

11. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    No, some of the other policies of the BNP leave a lot to be desired.

12. Jack by the hedge

Jack by the hedge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

How I wish they'd display this notice on London buses and tube-trains!

13. clueless1

Ratings:
    +19,594
    It annoys me when our local council sends out one of its spam mailings, and they are written in about 10 different languages. No wonder the local roads are in disrepair, the council must spend all our council tax on translators.