1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Webb Lawnmower 24inch (60cm) Motor Mower Ride On 1978

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by Shortcut Andy, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Shortcut Andy

Shortcut Andy Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I am new on here but hoped someone could give me some help with a part I require for my Webb 24inch (60cm) Motor Mower Ride On 1978.

I bought this a few years ago and the belt tensioning spring has finally given up on me, I have attached a picture from the spares manual, and the part I need is number 37.

I have looked all over for the part but after getting in touch with some local mower repair shops and even museums they have still not been able to help me.

The part number is LM.519 in the manual but I have also been given the following numbers to have a look at at: 501336 Belt Spring / W29413 / FO1629413.

If anyone knows of a place that sells this part or knows of another spring that is identical and where I could purchase it I would be very grateful.

Thank you [​IMG]

2. Sandy Ground

Sandy Ground Total Gardener

Making things of note.
    Ratings:
    +5,368
    Quite often, springs are standard parts. All that is needed is to contact a spring supplier with details such as free length, outside diameter, wire diameter and so on, and the chances are they will supply one from stock.

Posting a photo of the broken spring will help.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Shortcut Andy

Shortcut Andy Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +0
      Hi thank you for your help. But the problem I have is I don't have a spring not even a broken one? Was hoping that maybe someone else might have had the same issue & managed to sort a pattern Spring which they could give me the part number & where they bought it from??

• WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +5,089
      Maybe try other manufacturers websites for a similar part and give it a go. If its too longor short it willhelp narrow down the right springchoice.
      or
      screwfix used to do boxes with assorted sized springs. Might get lucky with the right one or again will help indicate the right size you need. Goodluck must be frustrating as hell.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +5,089
        Oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk

just looked andsearched " WEBB" Plenty of info to look through there I think.