Solved Weed

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by trogre, Jun 4, 2022.

1. trogre

trogre Gardener

Ratings:
    +279
    Hi Any idea what this weed is please, it is a right cuss:sad: It is in my border growing between the Campanula Portenschlagiana. It spreads by runners and the only way to try and stop it is to pull roots out. As you can imagine trying to run your finger down runner to root is is very hard as it intermingles with campanula growth.
    More often than not you end end pulling out some campanula as well. On one patch all I could do was dig all the campanula up down to about 6" in soil which basically got rid of the weed roots then replanted campanula with fresh soil. That has worked but a lot of wor Weed.jpg k to do the whole border and cannot guarentee it will stop it. At least if I know the name I can cuss at the plant by its name:) Thank you

2. noisette47

noisette47 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +13,957
    Potentilla...european cinquefoil. (I think :biggrin:).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Nikolaos

Nikolaos Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +4,288
      Yeah, looks like it to me too, Potentilla reptans.

Nick

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Silver surfer

Silver surfer PLANTAHOLIC

Semi retired amateur plantaholic gardener
        Ratings:
        +3,228
        Potentilla reptans...blinking pain. POTENTILLA  REPTANS  CREEPING  CINQUEFOIL 11-Jun-08 10-41-06 AM.JPG POTENTILLA  REPTANS  CREEPING  CINQUEFOIL 11-Jun-08 10-41-26 AM.JPG POTENTILLA  REPTANS  CREEPING  CINQUEFOIL 11-Jun-08 10-41-52 AM.JPG POTENTILLA  REPTANS 24-08-2011 11-17-45.JPG POTENTILLA  REPTANS 24-08-2011 11-17-54.JPG

• Like Like x 1
        • Funny Funny x 1