1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Weedkiller Advice Please

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by Stace2212, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Stace2212

Stace2212 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am hoping for some advice please. My boyfriend put Barrenttine Lawn Feed, Weed and Moss Killer all over our lawn last night. He also used about 8 times too much :frown:. We looked online last night and he soaked the grass through, in the hope that it would dry out and be safe to go on today.
    My worry is that we have pets, a todder and I'm pregnant... could anybody please tell me whether or not our garden will be safe to use today?:help::help::help:

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    Hi @Stace2212 [​IMG] It can be a problem..... I don't know what weed and feed you have put on, but if you have put far too much on keep off it and water thoroughly again tonight and tomorrow at least.. Even if organic.. You will need to water gently for a few hrs each night to try and wash the excess away.. It could well be toxic to pets and small children for a few days until well washed in.. Good Luck....

3. lolimac

lolimac Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,985
    It sounds a bit overkill to me ...I'd go with @Marleys advice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Liz the pot

Liz the pot Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,259
      Most weed and feeds containing herbicides have side effects which you can find on the safety data sheet.
      You don’t want a granular feed getting into your eyes, ie children playing on the lawn and rubbing eyes.
      The product also contains iron which stains, if you water it and step on the lawn then walk on patios or inside you will stain the flooring.
      If he’s added 8 times the amount the grass will be damaged as it’s way over the limit.

I believe this is the data sheet you need to look at.

https://www.barrettineenv.co.uk/upl...reenForce Lawn Feed Weed Mosskiller (V2).pdf