1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

were to buy ivory

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by david m, Jan 20, 2005.

1. david m

david m Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hiya.

too all.i live in a terraced house that was built in 1870.and its got all the old character things that you expect.but what i am looking for is a supplier of well established growing ivy.to climb up front of the house.and around my pigeon lofts,i hope somebody could be of some help.it would be very much appreicted.

thanxs.david m

2. Taff

Taff Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi David, A quick growing creeper such as Russian Vine might do the job for you. Good luck.

3. valmoongate

valmoongate Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Russian Vine will cover the whole terrace given half a chance and and look like a massive dead birds nest in winter, although very attractive the rest of the time.Ivies are a massive subject,and I`ve made a few mistakes! Try IVIES by Peter Q. Rose.They need controlling.There are other climbers. Depends on soil and which way you are facing.You could just do what I do:tryit!!