1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

What’s happening to my hedge?

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by Philcw1984, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Philcw1984

Philcw1984 Gardener

Ratings:
    +31
    26F1DD32-243D-41E7-8B95-3C3D23BAF3D0.jpeg 72FA51A0-58AB-4070-98DB-CC237F5923E1.jpeg Hi all,

My front hedge in my south facing garden appears to be under attack.

I’ve googled it with no joy, any of you fine Gardner’s help?

Phil

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    Hi @Philcw1984 if the is an Euonymus then I think it is Euonymus scale which we are really under attack from now.. Try spraying with Bug clear but not an easy one to get rid of.. Or a mix of Neem oil and horticultural soap. You can buy prepared mix of it on eBay...Best time to spray is usually a June and September, but I think I would just go for it now as only early July..

• Like Like x 1
    • Philcw1984

Philcw1984 Gardener

Ratings:
      +31
      Thanks Marley

Just being doing some reading up..... doesn’t sound good. My hedge has been attacked and has some serious leaf drop.

I can’t believe I have not noticed it sooner.

I had some bug clear in the shed, fingers crossed. I don’t want to loose it!

Thanks again!

Phil

• Friendly Friendly x 2