1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your hobbies?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by kazzawazza, Mar 20, 2018.

1. kazzawazza

kazzawazza Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,858
    Back in the 80’s I used to make homemade wine but have not made any since. I was in Wilco’s the other week and noticed that they sold wine making equipment and wine kits, so I thought I’d have another bash at it. I bought a Zinfandel kit on line and I have just bottled it - it tastes lovely but I am sure it will be even better in a few months time. If I can wait that long.

I think i’ll try elderflower next and who knows after that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
      Ratings:
      +4,411

I've made wine in the past and bottled it, you can get an excellent presentation with the bottle cap sleeves, shrunk to fit with a hairdryer.

It's a well known fact that though the first two thirds of a bottle of home made wine, might not taste that good, the last third is quite palatable,... if you drink the whole bottle at one session.

I've always considered myself as a bit of a wine connoisseur, in that I know the difference between "bottled and shipped and shipped and bottled."

Where did those old Cinzano tankers go to die?

• Informative Informative x 1