1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

What can i put out ??

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by goosegog5555, Apr 8, 2013.

1. goosegog5555

goosegog5555 Gardener

retired
    Ratings:
    +134
    Hello all

I bought some plug plants ( reduced) and now I'm not sure they can go out :mad:. They are bedding plant's plus pea's caulis, mixed salad leaf . Trouble being as it's so cold will they grow ? I am putting them in a raised bed , mainly compost

Attached Files:

2. goosegog5555

goosegog5555 Gardener

retired
    Ratings:
    +134
    The picture is the bottom of my garden. It needs a huge amount of work doing :eeew:

3. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Assuming they've been hardened off already, i'd keep them somewhere cool but sheltered, the cold wind won't do them any favours.

4. goosegog5555

goosegog5555 Gardener

retired
    Ratings:
    +134
    Thanks . Sadly all but 6 have since ' withered' away.. I am very tempted to buy a little plastic greenhouse to put any future plants in until it warms up

5. honeybunny

honeybunny Head Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,915
    its so tempting to plant them out isn't it? i'd be afraid though until it gets a good bit milder. i was so tempted in Woodies yesterday by all their lovely colourful bedding plants but by some miracle i managed to control myself lol...well bar a few choice buys which will just have to sit in the window of the potting shed until the weather warms up:spinning:

6. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    "What can I put out??" personally I'd put out a large warning sign to anybody that has bought bedding plants etc that have been raised under cover to keep their purchase inside until things warm up CONSIDERABLY! I used to live very close to numerous garden centres. Each early Spring there would be crowds of people rushing to buy their summer stock. Home they went with boot loads only to return a couple of weeks later to repeat the process, their 1st purchases having "bought it" due to going from about 65 oc to -3oc within days. Lots of unhappy faces bar....... the owners of the garden centres! :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 4