1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT DO YOU THINK, THIS ONE OR THAT ONE.

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by ARMANDII, Nov 25, 2018.

1. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,836
    I think Jenny would accept a Kitten but probably not a 2 or 3 years old cat. I have, I confess, already been looking on the Net at nearby Cat Shelters and it has given me pangs in the heart to not contemplate some of the grown cats they have for rehoming. Jenny was the subordinate to Sally who was the Alpha cat, probably because Sally came as a Kitten 3 years before my Brother gave me Jenny and was the established cat of the House. So Jenny would cautiously keep out of the way and give way to Sally sitting in the favourite places in the House and would spend most of the day in the garden. Now she appears to like the warmth of the House and my company more than anything else following me everywhere even sitting at the Bathroom door while I'm having a shower. So, what's slightly worrying me is would Jenny revert to being the subordinate even to a Kitten. She's not an aggressive Cat so she wouldn't bully or attack a Kitten but as I said could go back to her old habit of keep her distance.
    With regard to returning any animal I took in, that would never happen as once it's here I have the responsibility to make it happy and give it, as the RSPCA term it, a Forever Home, it's just the effect on Jenny I'm slightly concerned about.:cat-kittyandsmiley:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +118,396
      I don't profess to know a lot about cats but I would think that as Jenny is the adult and if you got a kitten then it would be more an adult/child relationship. So Jenny would be seen as Alpha. Some of our more experienced cat owners may be able to advise. @Victoria has had a lot of cats and might have a good view on this.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
        +100,836
        Now the main work is done and I'm not getting in the way of Stan and his guys, or supplying them with oceans of Tea and Coffee, I've got time to take everything in and I really do like what has been done. There's over 60 or 70 large clay pots that had to be moved, temporarily, to the borders, lawn, and paths, not including the large heavy oak barrel containing with the climbing rose in it and the really heavy large Chinese red clay square container with a flowering Ribes, so that the work could be done, and those will need to go, and temporarily, in the area behind the garages until I build a 20 feet long two tiered wooden display bench against the South wall of the garages on which will be placed all the Bearded Irises in their big clay pots. All the pots, my Green House, the Observatory and it's base will need a hose turned on them to wash off the brick dust from the cutting needed to resize and reshape some of the setts, but that won't happen until the final work on the patio, etc on Monday. The guys have said they will do it but I prefer to do it my self as I put things back in place. I will need to, today, relocate the bolts on the 8' high Gable end path door as it had to be raised about 4 inches due to the new height of the path caused by the laying of the setts. I also want to build the 3 plastic compost bins over the weekend just to see where the ideal place for them will be and how they will look.:coffee::snorky:

• Like Like x 2
        • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
          Ratings:
          +31,877
          That explanes it then and the wet sand :dbgrtmb:

As i've hauled compost and peat and other things i got to know how much things weighted to volume and when you said 70 tons of compost i thought " that is alot" and would have been one big heap!!! :snorky:

• Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1