WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by GARDENANGEL, Jul 27, 2005.

1. GARDENANGEL

GARDENANGEL Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    After a couple of years thinking about it and then browsing the RHS Website today, I came across their Education section. I Scrolled down hit the button on information about their RHS (Level 2) Certificate in Horticulture. (They are phasing out the General Certficate, last examine for this March 2006, if you want this, this is the last year it will be available)

After hitting a few more buttons and a telephone call I have now enrolled myself for this course starting in September :eek:

I went back to the site, printed the suggested reading list and guidance notes, and have now given myself heart failure :eek: :eek: . Well as they say nothing ventured nothing gained, wish me luck :D

In case anyone else is thinking of doing this, better phone up your local college now, as my college only had a few places left and we're only in July!!!

2. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,879
    What if you haven't got the level 1 ;) .

Good luck

Nathan.

3. GARDENANGEL

GARDENANGEL Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    The Level 1 is the General Certificate being phased out. I haven't got that, so I've gone straight onto Level 2 which will become the starting point for anyone interested in Horticulture.

4. GARDENANGEL

GARDENANGEL Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    By the Way Nathan, I enrolled with Bromley College, if that's in your neck of the woods!!!

5. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,879
    Wouldn't mind doing the course, but time is well against me unfortunately .......

I'll have to pick your brains ;) .

No honestly, I think I'll look into it nearer to home.

Nathan.

6. GARDENANGEL

GARDENANGEL Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    That's what I thought, when is the right time! Every year kept putting it off, so decided to bite the bullet and do it anyway. I have now told/warned the family what I am going to do, so they now know that Thursday evenings from September will now be off limits!! Come to think of it a couple of hours each week will now be off limits while I catch up on some gardening reading, really looking forward to it now [​IMG]

7. brazil

brazil Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good luck with your R.H.S certificate it is a good thing to do i know lots of peoele who have completed the course ;they say they enjoyed every minute of it .I work there they are a good bunch of people ps the idents can be bloody tricky i have had a go myself, good luck

8. GARDENANGEL

GARDENANGEL Gardener

Ratings:
    +0