1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Solved What is this honeysuckle variety?

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by Piggins, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Piggins

Piggins Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Greetings, my garden has a number of established honeysuckles (main stems about 2cm diameter). I suspect they're the same variety, but not sure. Can anyone identify the variety? They're pretty vigorous. In my ignorance, I've cut then back hard in previous years, but don't know how I should be treating them. The attached photos are taken today -- the larger one is growing fast at the moment. Any suggestions on how/when to prune also welcome. I don't have photos of the flowers, but from memory, fragrant, and yellow / white. Thanks in advance for any help!

honeysuckle_1.JPG
    honeysuckle_2.JPG

2. Silver surfer

Silver surfer PLANTAHOLIC

Semi retired amateur plantaholic gardener
    Ratings:
    +3,254
    1. Looks like a climbing /twining type Honeysuckle.
    By pruning it you have stopped it from growing and flowering.
    They can grow huge.
    To id it we need to see clear pics of the flowers please.

lonicera yellow white flowers - Recherche Google

2. Is not the same.
    Leaves are different.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Piggins

Piggins Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +2
      Thanks for the help, much appreciated. I'll return with photos once they bloom.

• Like Like x 1