1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Solved What is this seedling?

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by Andy Manley, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Andy Manley

Andy Manley Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi

Does anyone know what this seedling is? I sometimes throw seeds onto my larger established shrub pots to and see if they germinate. It is a high risk strategy as it means i also get a fair share of weeds.
    The seedling has dark green heart shaped leaves with a serrated edge though there is no guarantee the leaves will stay like this when it matures. I had thought it might be an eryngium but i now i am not convinced. The leaves are currently 2cm long

Many thanks in advance

andy

Attached Files:

2. Palustris

Palustris Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,986
    That looks remarkably like a Hellebore seedling. Which one will come to me eventually.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Andy Manley

Andy Manley Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +5
      Ahh that would make sense. I had the pot next to a hellebore last year. Brilliant. Thanks for your help

• Purple Streaks

Purple Streaks Gardener

Ratings:
      +716
      this will be interesting it's identical to my seedlings of what I thought was erynigum or a cyclamen I too have them coming up in a pot which usually has contained
      daffs ????????????