1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

What might this be?

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by nikirushka, Mar 14, 2017.

1. nikirushka

nikirushka Gardener

Ratings:
    +93
    I'm on holiday at my Dad's place in Spain, and being not very good at sitting still, I've been nosing around the plants, trying to ID some to see if any might survive at home. This one has taken my eye, anyone know what it is? It's growing to about 2ft tall, clumps of it on a long stem. 20170314_165207.jpg

2. Anthony Rogers

Anthony Rogers Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Niki,

It reminds me of a succulent I tried to grow but I can't remember it's name. I think @Michael Hewett identified mine for me.

3. Sirius

Sirius Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,225
    It's a Kalanchoe tubiflora

Pull it up and bin!
    It forms small plantlets on the leaves that drop off and sprout. Becomes a weed!

My greenhouse is infested with it.
    Not sure where it first came from. But am having a total nightmare getting rid of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • nikirushka

nikirushka Gardener

Ratings:
      +93
      It doesn't seem to be spreading much here but the gardener might be pulling it out (on the odd occasion he shows up). Thanks!

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +118,496
      Kalanchoe - nickname:- Mother of Thousands :hate-shocked: As Sirius says, it's very invasive because of the thousands of ready formed plants that are on its leaves. So they're already growing when they fall off and hit the ground.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • nikirushka

nikirushka Gardener

Ratings:
        +93
        Ok, I'll leave that one alone then! :snork: