What will I plant?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Dougy, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Dougy

Dougy Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello all. I have recently moved into a new house and have a 625 sq mtr garden. It is surrounded totally by 30ft high conifers which I have spent the last month chopping down to 15 ft and getting rid of the mountain of cuttings. The whole garden is basically a lawn, so I have a blank canvas to work with. What I need is some advice on what to put in it! I am at the moment cutting a large border around the whole garden ( kidney shapes) and would like to know what kind of trees and shrubs are best to put in. Can anyone tell me the kind of plants to use which will give me height at the back and getting smaller to the front, or does anyone know of any web sites I can use to get some ideas????????????Thantyou, Dougy.

2. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
  3. learner

learner Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    HELLO MY NAME IS BRIGID HAVE YOU ANY INFORMATION ABOUT GROWING BUSY LIZZIES FROM SEED

4. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Brigid

The instructions on the packet should give you a good start for the particular variety, they are prone to damping off in a cold spell...do you have a propagator/greenhouse?