1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

What's this is in the compost?

Discussion in 'Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling' started by TKM, Apr 5, 2020.

1. TKM

TKM Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Hello all!

Very much a novice here :smile:. Knowing it was going to be a beautiful sunny April day, we manage to locate some compost from a local DIY store in preparation for a day's gardening (really it was the only place we could find with compost).

However, we noticed that the compost seems to have small plastic balls. Is this normal? If not should we discard it? See the attached image.

The brand is called Godwins. Does anybody have much experience with them? I've attached a pic of the packaging too.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Nikolaos

Nikolaos Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,288
    I'm not certain, but I think it may be fertiliser, @TKM. :)

Nick

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
      Ratings:
      +21,268
      Looks like slow release fertiliser. Can also be yellow or green.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • TKM

TKM Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +4
        Ok thank you. Panic over. Looked online and that seems to be right, sorry for the total newb question! I've realised that it's actually top soil that we need as trying to resurrect our flower bed area, which isn't seeing much growth, so will probably change the brand anyway. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
        • TKM

TKM Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
          +4
          Ok thank you. Nick also mentioned this above, so think we're ok. Again, I've realised that it's actually top soil that we need as trying to resurrect our flower bed area, which isn't seeing much growth, so will probably change the brand anyway. Cheers