When do sweet peas flower?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Colo, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Colo

Colo Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Hi,

I have been growing sweet peas, everlasting pink pearl, but wondered if they should have flowered yet?

I used Tomerarite today as I read it promotes flowers.

Thanks

2. KFF

KFF Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,890
    Hi @Colo , my Sweet Peas arejust starting to flower.
    However " Pink Pearl " is an Everlasting Pea not a Sweet Pea and I'm not sure when they flower ( it could still be a little early ).

Sweet Peas are annuals with lage flowers and highly scented wheras Everlasting Peas are perenials with smaller flowers and no scent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Colo

Colo Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +14
      Thank You. That is a little disappointing, as I hoped for the nice scent and big flowers. But I have learnt something :)

I have the other variety as well it's not as big and just checked and see one pale yellow flower.

• Like Like x 1
      • Colo

Colo Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +14
        My everlasting sweet pea flowered and despite watering in the evening now looks like dried up hay. The other variety is doing fine.

Any advice on how I could revive it? I'm so disappointed as I spent so much time and effort on it getting it to a good height.

This weather is killing my efforts :)