1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

When is "too late" to plant some daffodil bulbs?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Cardinal-Red, May 9, 2019.

1. Cardinal-Red

Cardinal-Red Gardener

Ratings:
    +45
    Kind of the opposite tone to the normal question!

This weekend I'll be planting all of my goodies in the corner section of my garden. I will then lay down some anti weed mesh, and bark chippings mulch to keep everything under control.

Thinking ahead to next early spring, who doesn't love the first signs of life from the daffodils so I wanted to liberally plant some bulbs and let them do their magic next year. But would they start to sprout now? The random ones around my garden are now in full dying off mode.

2. Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
    +17,487
    If you have those bulbs then I would plant them out Cardinal Red., they are unlikely to flower although varieties available now that flower from late summer to early summer. If they sprout then feed them. Hopefully they will revert to normal growing and flowering next spring :)