1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

when to cut Lleylandii

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Mimi, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Mimi

Mimi Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I am growing lleylandii as a hedge between neighbours and ourselves they are nearly 4 years old and I would now like to cut them so that they don't grow anymore but thicken out, when is the best time of year to do it. Shall I do it now just before they start growing or should I wait until Autumn?

Many thanks

2. Ladybird

Ladybird Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Mimi... any time really. But don't leave it much longer, as you find 2 more feet of growth by end of Summer,lol there are more court cases over this type of hedge, then any others, lol.

3. Mimi

Mimi Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ladybird, I think I'll do it soon. I only want it to be about 5ft tall, no taller

4. Ladybird

Ladybird Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Mimi you can also clip them back at side to form a flat dense bush, as they sometimes grow out more and less space for plants in front.

5. Mimi

Mimi Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ladybird, I think I will do that nearer the summer, thanks for the advice.