1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

When will my phlox flower?

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by Star Jasmine, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Star Jasmine

Star Jasmine Gardener

Ratings:
    +62
    The information cards that came with my phlox indicate that it should have started to flower already but it's just looking like this...

[​IMG]

Has anyone else's phlox come into flower yet? I have three plants in different colours and they all look like this. My partner thought it was a weed!

• Like Like x 1
    • Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
      +12,322
      No mine haven't flowered yet , still to early more the end of June going into July .

So just keep it well watered and a feed with tomato food once a week will make for a better display

• Like Like x 1
      • Star Jasmine

Star Jasmine Gardener

Ratings:
        +62
        Thank you Spruce! That's very helpful. I'm looking forward to seeing the flowers. :)

• Spruce

Ratings:
        +12,322
        from the foliage colour I think its blue ?, if you want more you can take root cuttings in the Autumn its really easy to do.
        Easy plants that like full sun and you can just about get way with them in half shade .
        Old favorite of mine

• Like Like x 1
        • Star Jasmine

Star Jasmine Gardener

Ratings:
          +62
          It's actually Phlox Peacock Cherry Red so the flowers will be a lovely red colour hopefully... I also have a lilac one and a pink one elsewhere in the garden. :)

• Useful Useful x 1
          • Spruce

Ratings:
            +12,322
            with the folliage being dark the flowers should be the same , new variety to me

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1