1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

which oxalis am I losing?

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by WisteriaLane, Jul 16, 2008.

1. WisteriaLane

WisteriaLane Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, I have been trying to root an oxalis cutting 'stolen' on British soil (God have mercy:o) during a visit last June and despite a promising start (little roots have formed) now I am afraid it is not gonna make it...(there is no development whatsoever)... So now what I am asking to you is to ID it without a picture.... ehm.... I know it's difficult but let's give it a try so that one day I might hopefully find it again somewhere.... well the oxalis had rather a drooping habit and was planted in a hanging basket; leaves green and quite small compared to the most common oxalis, rich yellow flowers....soooo pretty....so hard to find here...:( please if you happen to have some seeds you know what to do :D)

2. WisteriaLane

Ratings:
    +0
    I thin kI already did it myself... should be O. vulcanicola..... well if you agree the gentle request still stands :D

3. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Wisteria,

If I come across any seeds I will post them to you. I`ll et you know when I find some.

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    :thumb: I have a couple of clumps of this around the garden & it does self seed.. If I have any plantlets I will let you know.. I can post you some..!!:thumb::D

5. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    COsidering the efficiency of the italian postal system it may be safer to post seeds rather than plantlets, just a suggestion! ;)

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Lol the common one is like a blooming weed in our gardens although I think I might have just got rid of it now after two years of trying to kill it off!Hel.xxx.

7. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    :thumb::D Could be right there Ivory..:D:D:D

8. WisteriaLane

Ratings:
    +0
    update: it has been officially declared dead :( I hope one day I will be able to grow my pretty drooping baby.....